07 3207 6100

If you have been injured in any form of motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to make a claim for damages compensation. There are strict time limits when making a motor vehicle compensation claim, and it is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible. Paul has worked in personal injury for over 8 years (in one of the largest Queensland firms) and has the experience and expertise to assist you with your claim. 

All of our personal injury matters are handled on a no win, no fee basis, meaning that there are no upfront costs to you. Contact Paul today for a free review of your case. 

A motor vehicle claim may include expenses relating to

motor vehicle injuries pain and suffering

Pain & Suffering

motor vehicle compensation loss of wages

Loss of earnings (past & future)

Medical & Rehabilitation expenses

Are you ready to make a claim?

We will be happy to chat with your about your injury and offer a free case review. We are a no win, no fee firm, so you will never be charged unless you win your claim. 


Fill in the form below or phone us direct on 0499 592 659 or email  paul@spclaw.com.au

Frequently asked Questions about Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

Who can make a motor vehicle accident claim?

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident then you may be entitled to make a claim. Any accident that involves a motor vehicle may be eligible for a compensation claim, including if you were the driver, a passenger, a pedestrian, a cyclist or a passenger on public transport. If you are injured and a motor vehicle was involved then you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. 

What if the driver at fault isn’t insured? 

Even if the other vehicle is not insured, not able to be identified, or not registered, you may still be eligible to make a claim against the Nominal Defendant. This is the government funded CTP insurance. Strict time limits apply in these circumstances so you should seek legal advice immediately. 

What if I am a passenger and the person driving is at fault? 

You can still make a claim against the person at fault via their CTP Insurance. They will not be disadvantaged in any way. 

The driver of the vehicle is a friend or family member – should I still claim? 

While making a claim against a friend or family member doesn’t sound great, it is actually their insurance company who you are making the claim against. It is not uncommon for a wife to make a claim against their husband’s insurance or vice versa.  It will not cause them any additional problems. 

What kinds of personal injuries are covered?

All types of injuries can be claimed for, including psychological injuries that prevent you from driving. Psychological injuries that prevent you from driving, being in a vehicle or having substantial trouble doing either of these things can be a primary or secondary injury. Physical injuries may appear to be minor at the time but it is important to consider that they may get worse over time. 

What does the compensation cover? 

Compensation will cover all types of previous out of pocket expenses, future out of pocket expenses, past and future medical expenses, past and future loss of wages as well as damages for pain and suffering. 

At the start of your claim we will take steps to ensure that any immediate out of pocket expenses, such as rehabilitation expenses, will be covered by the insurer.

In relation to property damage, if you have fully comprehensive insurance then your insurer will attend to this. If you do not, we can assist with attempting to recover out of pocket expenses from the part at fault.

How long does a motor vehicle injury claim take? 

The process generally takes between 12 to 18 months depending on your injuries and circumstances. We will keep in touch throughout the process, and make sure that you are aware of what is happening and what you need to do. 

What do I have to pay upfront? 

Nothing. There are no upfront costs involved in making a personal injury claim, including discussing if you have a case or not. 

We operate on a no win/no fee basis and we do not charge an initial consultation fee. We also handle the initial costs of any disbursements which are only paid back upon a successful outcome. You don’t need to take out a ‘litigation loan’ which is often a requirement of larger legal firms in this area.

You can contact us today for a free consultation and case assessment. You can call or email us and we guarantee a prompt response. We can even come to you if you prefer a face to face meeting. 

Who will pay my medical expenses? 

The CTP insurer is obligated under the legislation to pay for reasonable rehabilitation expenses once a claim is accepted. This may include things like physiotherapy, scans and x-rays or psychological counselling. We will prioritise this so that you claim is accepted quickly and you can get treatment without delay. 

What are the time limits to claim? 

Generally, you have 3 years from the date of the accident to make a claim. However, the longer you leave it, the harder the claim becomes. 

It is important to note that if you have been injured and the vehicle at fault is uninsured or you are unable to identify the vehicle (such as a hit and run) then you may only have 3 months to make a claim. If you don’t have the details of the vehicle that caused the accident then you should seek immediate legal advice. 

CALL US TODAY ON 07 32076100